Once again, we have been notified of industrial action which impacts on collection and delivery services over the coming weeks.
The following is an extract of the notification we received from Royal Mail with the relevant dates: -
" The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on its members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take further national strike action on the following dates:
Further dates have also been announced by the CWU for functional strike action which impacts parts of our operation on the following:
- Friday 30 September 2022 and Saturday 1 October 2022
- Thursday 13th October 2022
- Thursday 20th October 2022
- Tuesday 25th October 2022
- Monday 28th November 2022
Royal Mail is ready to talk further with the CWU to try and avert industrial action. We’re sorry this strike action is likely to cause you some disruption. We will be working to get our services back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Processing, Distribution, International, Collections, Admin: 3rd, 9th, 15th, 24th November and 1st December 2022
- Delivery: 4th, 10th, 16th, 25th November and 2nd December 2022
- Network: 2nd, 8th, 14th, 23rd, 30th November 2022
Royal Mail has well-developed contingency plans, which we will be updating over the next few days to respond to the new dates, but we cannot fully replace the daily efforts of our frontline workforce. We’ll be doing what we can to keep services running, but you should expect significant disruption on dates when strike action is taking place."
Here at MrPottery we are taking steps to minimise the disruption as much as possible: -
- On and around these dates we are increasing our staff to reduce our own processing time.
- We will send a higher percentage of parcels via our other carriers (DPD and DHL) on industrial action days where Royal Mail collections are unavailable.
Share this post
- Tags: General