Royal Grafton, rather than a pottery, is actually a trade name for the pottery A B Jones & Sons. Based in Longton, Alfred Bailey Jones first started in 1876. It was in 1900 that the Grafton Works was built, from where the trade name and backstamp was taken later. Alfred actually became the major of Longton for a short time in 1905. A little later his two sons joined him in the business. Alfred died in 1940 leaving the business in the capable hands of his two sons, before it was purchased in 1966 by Crown House Glass Ltd, and then sold again in 1970 to New Zealand based, Crown Lynn Potteries Ltd. Royal Grafton was then renamed
Crown Lynn Ceramics (UK) Ltd.
Click on one of the images below to see what we have in stock for that pattern.