J & G Meakin Pottery's origins stem back as early as 1845 when James Meakin started a pottery business at Lane End, In 1848 he moved the business to Hanley in Staffordshire, before retiring in 1852 and handing the business over to his two sons James and George, who carried on with the pottery, trading as J & G Meakin. In 1859, they built the Eagle Pottery and in 1887 bought the Eastwood Pottery. They predominantly made earthenware and granite ware, decorated in the style of French porcelain which proved popular with the American market at the time. In 1970, J & G Meakin was one of a number of potteries to become part of the Wedgwood Group.
Click on one of the images below to see what we have in stock for that pattern.