Grindley Pottery was founded in 1880 as W H Grindley by William Harry Grindley. Originally it was formed as a partnership with Alfred Meakin at the Newfield Pottery site, but in 1884 they parted ways and Grindley continued alone. In 1891 the pottery was relocated to the Woodland Pottery.
In 1960 W H Grindley was taken over by Alfred Clough and the business was rebranded as Grindley of Stoke. In 1982 it was bought out by the Federated Potteries, but was purchase back again as W H Grindley in 1988. Sadly they went into receivership in 1991, and were taken over by the Woodlands Pottery.
Click on one of the images below to see what we have in stock for that pattern.