Colclough China was founded in 1890 by an ex mayor of Stoke-on-Trent, Herbert Joseph Colclough. The company expanded quickly and in the early 1900's moved to the Vale potteries in Longton. In 1913 a royal licence was granted to the company to produce Royal Vale, a registered trademark for Colclough China. Tea and dinner ware was introduced in the 1930's and Colclough are famed for being the first pottery to make fine bone china sold by the piece, which meant that people did not need to buy whole services to begin their collections.
It was in 1948 that Colclough China Ltd took over Booths and Adderley and shortly after merged with the Ridgeway Company, which in turn became part of the Royal Doulton Group early in the 70's. In 1996 production of all Colclough lines was discontinued.
Click on one of the images below to see what we have in stock for that pattern.